Wednesday, September 28, 2011

it's been a weird week...

..I've have a little bit of the "blue-uglies"..

..had some headaches and yucky tummy-ies..



..and have had trouble putting the letters to words in the right order {what some people may refer to as bad typing and/or spelling}

however, on the other hand..I've discovered a new language..

my own..

some of the words from this week have been Fall-o-Ween and firfotten..

the first is pretty self-explanatory..the season that's between Labor Day and Thanksgiving..{which is also known in my language as Thanks-mas..but that's an old post}

but the firfotten is a hybrid {doncha love it when you can use the "word of the moment" }anyway it's part forgotten and firgot..yes, that's the way I do say it..as in "I firgot my car.." OK..I don't usually firget my whole car..maybe just the keys..

and the whole last letter-first letter thingie?  as in " just the" ..I type just he ..My granddaughter Emily, while in kindergarten, was known as "Emily Ke"

When her Mom asked her what was up with that, she told her she had already used the l-y..{her name is Emily Lyke}

We looked and sure enough, she did..E M I L Y K E ..

she's just as sound minded now that she's 11..bright kid.  Despite her grandmother..


ah well..just your average Tuesday..

-me
(and no, I did not use the spell check..it woud have imploded my whole system from this post...

10 comments:

just call me jo said...

You're a breath of fresh air, my friend. I love your muddled musing. I tried to create a new word myself to describe you, but I couldn't do you justice. I continue to be inspired by your mis-cues in the English language.

Vee said...

What fun! I love the new words thing and, really, isn't that how all new words come to be? It is all perfectly logical. Somehow, I'm not sure that you'd like that way of describing things. You are an incredibly unique and delightful voice in Blogdom.

Pearl said...

Fun post and your Grandaughter is lovely. Hope you feel better soon! We have colds which is a lot better then the blue uglys. Have a good one, Pearl

Breezy said...

I am going to use Fall-O-Ween.. Love it!
Your grand-daughter is delightful.

XOXO
gail

Neabear said...

Fun post! I hope that you are feeling better soon.

~Linnea

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Hilarious!
I've never heard of Fall0Ween.
Thanks for the enlighenment.

Cute Emily! Brilliant child!

Vicki/Jake said...

Haha, been catching up and laughing at all the fun..aka Tank, Grey matter...and your sweetie Grand. Love the words and I surely can understand em :) Me and you go to the same church ya know...and it works. Hope you feel mucho betta today Colleen. Can't have any of this sickie stuff. Allrightythen...carry on :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You make up the best words and that's one of the reason I live reading you!!! Have a great weekend.

A Wild Thing said...

That is too cute...on the other hand, my brother had me read an email sent by a friend whose 'o' was broken on her key pad...now let me tell ya, that was a real learning adventure...but also let me know I'm not alone in the world of strange...right sista!!!

s=nut

SusanA said...

I'm all for the combo words, hope you got over the blue-uglies and everyone is right, that is an awesome grandkid :)

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...