Saturday, June 25, 2011

I have met the thief and it is I...uh..me..

..isn't that some sort of quote.."I have met the enemy and the enemy is I"..or me..or us ??

So, yeah..I am the neighborhood thief. 

Cherries.



Yeppers..full, round, sticky, red and ...abandoned.

"For Sale" house..vacant..and no fence.

Come on..no fence??

Don't judge me. 

I even had a split moment of clarity on Friday and asked the question of ethics on Facebook.

Yeah, 'cos we all know how totally upstanding and ethical everyone of Facebook is..it's the bastion of civility and ethical-ity..ethical-ness, ethicalnicity right?

So it ended up a crime of opportunity..well, 'opportunity' can be subjective here..I mean I sorta had to drag the pups to go that way..

However..I have just one word to day....
SCORE!!!



Now, if we weren't on "a good healthy and intelligent eating plan/lifestyle" I would totally {learn how to} make a cherry pie...

Well, at least it wasn't Sunday...  I really don't think it's a good idea to steal on Sunday...

-me

"Life is just a blow   BOWL..of {stolen} cherries"

EDITED: Thank you,  Aunt Amelia , for letting me know ...

14 comments:

Tina said...

Can't let them go to waste right? By the time someone buys the house, the cherries wouldn't be any good anyway!

Vicki/Jake said...

HAHA, you did it! And got away with it! Better you than me:)

If I liked cherries I'd grab one myself. So you go ahead and eat mine too. Or three or whatever....

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What is it they say? Stolen fruit is sweetest?! Enjoy your cherries! Twyla

Emmy said...

You know, it's funny-- I was totally tempted to buy some cherries at the grocery store this afternoon....and now I really wish I did!

Enjoy yours :)

Mellodee said...

A vacant house with a loaded tree? It wasn't theft, it was sort of like milking the cow when the farmer couldn't get home in a snowstorm. The poor cow needs to be relieved and milk shouldn't go to waste. So, it was more like a good deed!

By the way, I don't know if this is the original source of the quote, but "We have met the enemy and he is us." is a famous caption from the Pogo comic strip years and years ago. (Remember Pogo?)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

"Life is just a blow of {stolen} cherries"

Life is just a BLOW...?!?

-giggles-

Well, that puts a new spin on an old saying, I guess. >,-)

~♥~

just call me jo said...

These were obviously orphaned cherries...they needed love and attention. I say you are charitable soul who rescued these waifs. Gorge on. I'm with you, whatever you do.

Breezy said...

I only have one question for you.. are you a "closet klepto"??

XOXOXO

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Adj. 1. premeditated - characterized by deliberate purpose and some degree of planning.

That's not the bag you meant to pick up poop with is it? :) Ha!

Enjoy the cherries! Tammy

Vee said...

You are a riot! I hope that you enjoy each and every one of them.

Pearl said...

Your to funny, check for worms!!

Karen said...

What a nice lady you are to rescue those poor cherries.

Wildflowerhouse said...

I say it would be a crime to let them go to waste....LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love it! Your posts are always so creative.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...