Monday, January 25, 2010

Movie Monday

I watched a movie this morning - and older movie on HBO {1992 } - before work. It was called Love Field with Michelle Pheiffer and it was about a woman who tries to go to Washington after President Kennedy is assassinated and the story turns when she tries to help a little black child who she meets on a Greyhound bus..




Here is a synopsis:

Love Field stars Michelle Pfeiffer as a Dallas beautician whose life is upended on November 22, 1963, the day President John F. Kennedy is assassinated. This unhappily married woman identifies with Jackie because they have both had miscarriages. Empathizing deeply with the Kennedy family grief, she disobeys her husband and takes a bus to Washington to attend the funeral Along the way, she befriends a black man and his traumatized eight-year-old daughter. Through circumstances beyond their control, they wind up as unlikely traveling companions pursued by the authorities. Now her maternal instincts find an unusual place to bloom.


It was a sweet movie to watch with some mild violence and one or tow bad words - but the vulnerability of the Pheiffer character was very real, yet she showed great strength and compassion for the child and her father.



Anyway, it was well worth watching.

Not much to report form Main Street tonight but I wanted to say "hi" anyway.

Have a good Tuesday - it's one day closer to the week-end :-)

10 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Looks like a good movie, Colleen. I will have to add it to my list of movies to watch!

Carrie

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Like your new header...

Coleen said...

sounds like a movie I would like, too!! There is so much garbage on TV these days...this sounds like a better way to hand sew to! I like your new blog header....so, you are irish, too???.....we have alot in common for sure..my mom was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Art by Darla Kay said...

I love movie reviews like this and now I know to watch for it!
I also love the new header colleen!
Have a great week!

Unknown said...

sounds like a good movie! have a great week.

Vee said...

Have never heard of that one and it does sound interesting...sounds as if she could've been bipolar, but that's another story.

Someone is wishing for the weekend very early in the week...hope that the work week smooths out and that you shake things up a bit...that should make it fun.

Vee said...

I know that I've been here V4, but had to return and post my first comment using my new profile pic...I really like it a lot! Hope it made you grin...

Vicki/Jake said...

I remember seeing this years ago and if my remembery works, it was so good. Glad you got to see it too.
I'm with ya...woot woot for the week-end!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am going to watch for that. I was at bowling today, hopefully they will show it again. Thanks.

Breezy said...

Looks like a great movie! I am going to check out Netflix.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...