Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This may sound a bit “Bah Humbug-ish” ....

.. but do you ever get claustrophobic during the Holiday season?



I guess it’s all the “stuff”…


And I love all the stuff- therein lies the problem… my grown-up brain says to just put up the tree - that's enough...




......but my inner-child-brat says "NO! I want to see it ALL"


I can’t seem to “pick-and-choose” what decorations I want to use, so I use everything.




I know, I know, it would be a simple “fix” to just be more selective, but I feel badly when I leave out one cute Christmas bear..or one little angel….or one candy cane…





Then I always find that a box of “Day-After-Christmas-90% -off-you- can’t-resist” items from last year…



Oh, they’re sooo cute! I must use them too!


Pretty soon, there’s no where to put one little Christmas card that just arrived in the mail..the counters are filled with candy, crackers, paper plates, napkins, plastic silverware, (boy, is that an oxymoron or what??)


The crock pot that usually lives in the hall cupboard is constantly out – and the jumbo-gimormous flat griddle - we’re grillin’ something at just about any time, be it pancakes or grilled cheeses or quesadillas





This is really a wonderful problem to have- all this good fortune – but I sometimes feel like I’m suffocating........ in good will.


I really do need to be strong and give away the old ornaments…


....but wait..not that one – Jeff made that in 3rd. grade. Oh, oh, not that one either – Kathy sent that one when I was so sick….


So, I end up with too much, too loved, too close. Does this happen to anyone else?


I think I’ll donate some of the “less” loved things to a local charity. Maybe someone will give them a good home – then I can breathe……


But, let’s wait until after the New Year, OK?


I need to say “good-bye…”


g'night

-me

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I know the feeling... I have so much stuff and it is hard to decide what to put out and what to keep up. As you can tell by my blog, I left most of it up this year! Next year I'll be better... I promise!

Bonita Rose said...

I am like u, except with sbing goodies! I have far too much.. so hard to stop buying!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...