Friday, July 16, 2010

Remember Johnny Carson?

Johnny: "It was SOOO hot in Lake Havasu....."

Audience: "How hot was it??"

(Que music from Psycho....ehh ehhh ehhh)


{this from my niece Karri..}

This is where she lives with her 2 kiddos..and my sister Kathy and hubby live..with their 2 dogs kiddos..Daisy & Owen

Seriously...what the...??

You know you're in Arizona when ...


*You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.

*You can say 110 degrees without fainting.

*You eat hot chilies to cool your mouth off.

*You can make instant sun tea.

*You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.

*The temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.

*You discover that in July, it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.

*You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.

*You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.

*Hot water now comes out of both taps.

*It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is out on the streets.

*You actually burn your hand opening the car door.

*You break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m. before work.

*No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car or not having air conditioning.

*Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

*You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.


When it comes down to it..t's all about "attitude"...

11 comments:

Lucy said...

Everything you wrote?? Absolutely true. Lake Havasu and I wouldn't be able to get along well. SOOOO must hotter there than here. And why! It's next to the river.

diane said...

That is hot! Those things apply here too we have high humidity a swell so when you get out of the shower it is hard to get dry. But not at the moment. I even need a heater in the bathroom at the moment.

Ming said...

Colleen, I am guessing my 106 pales in comparison to your 123 but like I said...what's the difference between 100 and 103, 100 and 106? Not much...however, you'll have to let us know if there's a big difference between 100 and 123! LOL...stay cool...and loved the Johnny Carson start...miss going to bed with him at night :)

Laurie said...

We loved Johnny Carson, my parents never missed a show. The class went with Johnny, no late night show host will ever live up to him! As far as the heat, I'm complaining about 90? I can't even imagine! Fun post Colleen!

just call me jo said...

Yes, I'm finding out that AZ is totally different heat than Idaho. I found out I can't grow anything--even cactus. I water cactus too much and everything else just fries. It's ONLY 116 degrees here. Get out the sweater, folks.

Vee said...

They all have my sincere sympathies. I can NOT imagine and I really don't even want to try. God bless'em.

Emmy said...

Haha; those were really funny, but I couldn't imagine living someplace that got so hot! I think I would just melt into a little puddle of goo as soon as I stepped off of the plane! :P

Best of luck to your Arizona family members!

Karen said...

And I thought it was hot here in New England in the 95 degree range.

Mellodee said...

I visited my mom and sister a few years ago in Phoenix....in the summer....in July....it reached 115F....3 days in a row....NEVER AGAIN!

Sharon said...

It's Sunday and I am pooped! To much yard work. Thought I'd drop by for my weekly chuckle and buy did you get me giggling today. I just kept reading and reading. You know I think you should do a one "woman" show. I crack up every time I come here. I wonder where all that extra body goes too. Lucky you! Getting to be so close to Paul. My inlaws live in Tucson and I know how hot it gets. Thanks for the laughs and the smiles. Til next time. Sharon

Just Breathe said...

That is really hot! I love all the you know you are in Arizona when.....great list!